I hate your job had an interesting post about “Personal Mission Statements: Way Cool” where it says something well worth to remember and consider:
Do you realize that the average person spends more time planning a vacation than they spend planning their life?
In another post, “An Explosion of Purpose and Fulfillment”, was good advice:
Avoid putting in fluff and buzzwords unless you’re a corporation–try to create a document that really focuses on actions that you can perform each day and that are meaningful to you.
I work as a coach and am working on some pitches for that:
• I make the world a better place, one person at a time.
• I help people change their life for the better.
• I help people find and attain their goals.
Here are some interesting openings from The Life Coaching Handbook
• Call me only if you are serious abut making the changes you have always wanted to make.
• I am a magician. I reawaken dreams and make them come true.
• I am in show business – I show you how to achieve the life you want.
I avoid using the word coach because then people already have a label for me and stop listening. My intention is to make them interested enough to ask more.
This was originally posted at another (now extinct) blog of mine.