Success from the nest has a great series of posts about the Hierarchy of the Successfully Self-Employed. The four levels are Freelancer (physiological needs), Contractor (safety and social needs), Expert (esteem needs) and Guru (self-actualization). The posts are as follows:
- Part 1: Hierarchy of the Successfully Self-Employed
- Part 2: Freelancing Is For Suckers
- Part 3: All the Aggravation of Employment, Without All the Perks
- Part 4: You May Already Be an Expert… You Just Don’t Know It
- Part 5: Gurus Share More By Doing Less
This was originally posted at another (now extinct) blog of mine.