Keys to creating and maintaining habits is to be accountable and to be persistent. There are apps that help us be accountable, persistence is up to us.
I have used Habit List for more than two years in order to keep track of my habits and it works really well. Now I want an app that helps me keep track of both goals and habits. I found Strides: Goals & Habits Tracker which seems to match what I want. It has several options (Target, Average, Milestones & Habit) that makes it easy to define what we want to track. I love the dashboard and its graphic overview, it’s very easy to see current status.
What do I track?
As an example, here are the goals and habits I have at present in Strides.
- Plank (exercise), once a day or more.
- Pushups (exercise), 25 or more a day.
- Squats (exercise), 50 or more a day.
- Situps (exercise), 75 or more a day.
- Walk at least 30 minutes, daily.
- Yoga, daily.
- Meditation, daily.
- Enjoy and gratitude (mindset), daily.
- Interact and connect, daily.
- Eat healthier (health and mindset), daily.
- Write, an average of 200 words a day.
It’s the goals (how many a day) that made me decide to test out Strides. For my exercises it fairly simple, I want at least a certain number each day. My writing will vary a lot from day to day, that’s why I go for an average instead of a fix number of words per day.